Your goals, Your program
If your life is being affected by mental health issues, Community First will partner with you in planning and supporting your road to recovery. We don’t tell you what to do, when or how. We help you set your goals, decide your own program and help to give you the support and opportunity to achieve them.
Mental illness can restrict your ability to function in day to day life. The good news is – people can and do recover.
The road to recovery is as individual as you are. We support you to create a unique and personalised plan. We call this ‘Person First Planning, because we know that you come first. We know that if it is to be successful, it must be your plan, not ours.
At the heart of the planning process is the setting of identifiable, realistic and achievable goals, with measurable steps of progression, relevant to you.
To use our services, you do not need to have been formally diagnosed with a mental illness. Call us to see what funding assistance is available and whether you qualify.
What is mental illness?
Mental ill health may affect the way a person thinks, feels and relates to other people and their surroundings.
If you are noticing any of the following it may indicate that you are experiencing mental ill health:
- Confused thinking
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability
- Extreme highs and lows in moods
- Social and family withdrawal
- Dramatic changes in eating and sleeping habits
- Strong feelings of anger
- Delusions or hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there)
- Increasing inability to cope with daily problems or activities
- Thoughts of suicide or self harm
- Denial of obvious problems
- Difficulty making decisions
- Unexplained physical problems
- Abuse of drugs and/or alcohol
Our Person First approach
Mental illness can affect any one. Most of us are impacted by Mental illness directly or indirectly at some time. We honour your courage in seeking support to face your mental health challenges. We pride ourselves on valuing people and treating everyone as equal.
- Our people are understanding, knowledgeable, respectful and will work with you as the individual that you are. We will let you know what assistance is available.
- Services are available in Mandurah, Bunbury, Albany and their surrounding regions.