We provide specialist help for people with disability, illness or injury to find and keep a job.
You may be a person with disability seeking for work that suits you best. You may have an illness or injury that is currently holding you back. You may need to build some skills.
We will work with you to understand your unique challenges for continuing or entering education or employment. We can also find out if you are eligible for Disability Employment Services.
SPECIALIST DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT
When you first register with us, you will work closely with one of our staff who will develop a personalised employment plan with you. Your plan will list your goals, any medical interventions, personal development or training you think you might need to be successful, and a step-by-step approach to finding your new job.
We provide a free recruitment service to employers and can assist employers to improve the ergonomics of their work environment.
AT RISK OF LOSING YOUR JOB?
If you are at risk of losing your job because you are ill, injured, or have a disability, Jobs in Jeopardy Assistance can help by finding out what can be done to keep you with your current employer. We can provide:
- advice about redesigning your job so you can keep working
- workplace assessment to see how it can be changed to make it easier for you to work support to manage your injury, disability or health condition
- specialised equipment to help you keep your job
DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT FACTS
- Over 4 million people in Australia have some form of disability. That’s 1 in 5 people.
- 2.2 million Australians of working age (15 – 64 years) have disability.
- 19% of people with a disability who are employed, work as professionals.
- An estimated 10% of the population has dyslexia. That’s more than two million Australians.
- People with a disability are more likely to run their own businesses, 13%, than those without a disability, 10%.
- 45% of the population will experience a mental health disorder during their lifetime.
We are accredited under the Disability Service Standards and participate every year in an independent audit. Read More