Family Living Initiative
The Family Living Initiative is a new family support strategy with a strong emphasis on planning and is funded by the Disability Services Commission. This initiative is for people with disabilities living with one or more family members/carers. It aims to help families be innovative and achieve individual and family goals. It assists families to create opportunities and to be better prepared for now and the future. Funding provides families with up to $20,000 per annum to develop and implement a plan.
This initiative supports individuals and their families to:
- Build and maintain healthy and stable relationships.
- Enjoy typical family activities and roles.
- Be active in the community.
- Develop and maintain friendships and supporters.
- Prepare for key times of change for an individual and their family.
- Create opportunities and to achieve goals.
For more information, please contact Darren Whiffler at email@example.com or at 9581 9215.