Community First International is a dynamic, high performing Australian company which has made a recognised and successful transition from a small not for profit organisation to be a leader in the employment and community services field over the past three years. It is governed by an independent Board of Directors.
It was established in 1984 as a Community Youth Support Scheme (CYSS) to implement an Australian Government employment project, the organisation grew slowly initially and began to provide a wide range of high quality and responsive services. By 1995 when it became the Mandurah Community Support Group there were six staff, and an annual turnover of $300,000.
Less than three years later, when the Government disbanded the Skill Share system, the organisation adopted a new name and approach as Peel Training and Employment (PTE) and at this time expanded into the South West region of Western Australia. The next year the Australian Government’s Commonwealth Employment Service (CES) ended and was replaced by the privatised Job Network system. PTE implemented a Quality Assurance Program (QA 9002), and competed with other similar organisations to provide employment and training services. PTE became a Work for the Dole provider and a Job Network provider in 1997 – Sub Contracting Job Network for Job Futures in the Peel and South West Regions.
In 2004, the company’s name changed again to Community First Incorporated (CFI) A new strategic focus was adopted, the Australian Business Excellence Framework and triple bottom line reporting on CFI’s economic, environmental and social outcomes was introduced.
CFI’s Peel Generalist contract was the second largest Job Futures Job Network contract in Australia. Performance was improving in Dale and CFI had been awarded a five star rating for it’s generalist and Youth Services contracts in Mandurah. Following this in 2006 CFI tendered for additional business in the Great Southern and Lower Great Southern Regions of Western Australia, it was successful and now provides employment and community services through it’s offices in Albany and Katanning.
In 2008 Community First Incorporated also became a company limited by guarantee and is now known as Community First International (CFI). In early 2009 the hard work and dedication paid off as CFI was awarded significant business in the new Jobs Services Australia DEEWR contracts. CFI now has offices in 11 Contracts throughout the Western Australia.
- Central and West Metro WA: Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Migrant and Refugees
- Central and West Metro WA: Generalist
- Dale WA: Generalist
- East Metro WA: Generalist
- East Metro WA: Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Migrants and Refugees
- Southern WA: Generalist
Community First International has a high-performing staff, a disciplined and professional approach to business, and prides itself on achieving positive outcomes as it offers a step up to a better life to people.
- 1984 founded as a Community Youth Support Scheme (CYSS).
- 1995 becomes Mandurah Community Support Group.
- 1997 joins Job Futures.
- 1998 becomes Peel Training and Employment, expands to South West.
- 1999 Commonwealth Employment Service ends, replaced by Job Network system. CFI implements Quality Assurance (QA 9002), competes for employment and training services in Peel Region.
- 2003 Bunbury Youth Contract achieves 5 star rating
- 2004, name changes to Community First Inc; new strategic focus, Australian Business Excellence Framework and triple bottom line reporting introduced.2007 CFI’s Peel Generalist contract is second largest Job Futures Job Network contract in Australia. Five star rating for generalist and Youth contracts at Mandurah; services expand to Albany and Katanning. CFI wins Albany and Katanning business independently to Job Futures.
- 2008 CFI Awarded Five Stars for its Generalist and Youth Contracts at Mandurah; Five Stars for its Work for the Dole contracts at Albany and Bunbury and Four and a Half Stars for WFD contract at Mandurah.
- 2008 Community First Incorporated becomes a company limited by guarantee as Community First International.
- 2009 Separated from Job Futures.
- 2009 CFI wins significant business providing Job Services Australia for the DEEWR – CFI now has 11 offices across WA.